Browse

Chateau Mont Redon
Château Mont-Redon's superb terroir, constant pursuit of quality and enviable reputation for excellence rank it among the great crus of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. The vineyard has been in the skilled hands of the Plantin family since 1923, and today Mont-Redon is the largest single-vineyard estate of Châteauneuf-du-Pape and one of only two in the entire appellation supporting plantings of all 18 grape varieties authorized for Châteauneuf-du-Pape.

The first mention of the Mont-Redon vineyard, "Mons Retundus," meaning round hill, appears in 1334 in a contract stipulating the vigneron's share of the harvest. By 1856, the vineyard was divided in six parts for purposes of inheritance. In 1923, Henri Plantin acquired some of the original parcels and began to reassemble the vineyard as it now exists: 186 hectares in Châteauneuf-du-Pape, of which 95 hectares are in production, and 35 hectares in Côtes-du-Rhône, with 30 hectares in production.
Display: Grid / List
Show:
Sort By: