Price:  £13.95 | Case Rate: £13.17
Ex Tax: £11.63

Masi - Levarie Soave Classico Superiore 2018

Information

  • Country: Italy
  • Wine Region: Veneto
  • Grape: Garganega
  • Grape Percentage: 85% Garganega, 15% Trebbiano di Soave
  • Alcohol Percentage: 12%
  • Unit Quantity (ml): 750
Food Matching

Food Matching

Good with many foods thanks to its characteristic, refreshing acidity. Ideal as an aperitif, or with simple antipasti, delicate dishes, pasta with Mediterranean-style sauces, fish and soups.

Duty/Vat Paid
WE: 85 (2005) Misc: 3 Stars (2010)

Wine tasting notes

Levarìe: refers to the east-facing slopes of the Soave Classico area, which benefit from the light and the cool morning sun. The result is wines that are particularly soft and elegant. The wine has a straw-yellow colour. The bouquet shows ripe fruit aromas, particularly grapefruit, pineapple and papaya. On the palate it is full and well-structured.The aftertaste is fresh and persistent with a pleasant hint of almonds.

Winery Information

Masi

Masi is an iconic producer based in the Valpolicella region of the Veneto in north-east Italy who are appreciated worldwide for the quality of their wines, making products that express the style, characteristics and values of the area. The company is owned by the Boscaini family, but the name derives from the valley acquired by the family in Valpolicella at the end of the 18th century called the “Vaio dei Masi”, which translates to “tiny valley of Masi”, and this became their first.. read more

Expert Reviews

Wine Enthusiast (2005)85 pts

Creamy peach and stone fruit are backed by a subtle touch of crushed white pepper and some herbal tones. In the mouth, this is a simple, lean wine with fresh vibrant flavors that would pair well with salads and appetizers. — M.L. (11/15/2007)

Miscellaneous (2010)3 stars

Winealign.com - "Pale straw yellow colour; light mineral, apple skin and lemon aromas and flavours; light bodied with a slightly nutty finish"

Miscellaneous (2010)

Sommelier Scribble Wine Blog - "Masi Levarie Soave Classico DOC 2010 has very pleasant aromas and flavours of white peach, melon, citrus, pear, almond, and white blossoms. It’s medium bodied and juicy on the palate, with a good length and a nutty finish. As with most Soave’s, this wine is ready to drink now and is not intended to be aged. Pair it with baked or poached fish dishes, vegetables drizzled with olive oil, or chicken salad"

Vinification Notes

Following a cold maceration lasting twelve to eighteen hours, 70% of the must was fermented for twenty days with selected yeasts in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. The remaining 30% was vinified in small Allier oak barrels. The wine was assembled and aged for four to five months in stainless steel tanks and a further ten months in the bottle before release.