Price:  £18.50 | Case Rate: £17.58
Ex Tax: £15.42

Specogna - Friulano 2018

Information

  • Country: Italy
  • Wine Region: Friuli-Venezia-Giulia
  • Wine Maker: Graziano Specogna
  • Grape: Tocai Friulano
  • Grape Percentage: 100% Friulano
  • Alcohol Percentage: 13
  • Unit Quantity (ml): 750
  • Best To Drink: Drink Now
Duty/Vat Paid

Wine tasting notes

Intense golden yellow with youthful, emerald hues. Well-rounded, spiced aromas with varietal characteristics on the nose such as citrus fruit, almonds, walnuts, exotic fruit and a touch of white peach, complemented by sage and white pepper. A powerful, structured wine, with good acidity and a well-orchestrated fruit and spice complexity. It‘s characteristic finish of almonds and exotic fruit is long and elegant.

Winery Information

Specogna

The quality of the fruit grown by Graziano Specogna and his family is impeccable. As a result, he is keen to get as much flavour as possible out of the grapes. Because of their quality, he is able to macerate the skins in the must for 18 to 24 hours prior to fermentation. This, allied to Specogna

Vinification Notes

Specogna waits until the grapes are very ripe before picking, to maximise fruit character. After destemming and crushing, the must was chilled to 7-8°C and then macerated on the skins for 48 hours at approximately 10°C. 80% of the must was fermentated in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks at 15°C and the remaining 20% was fermented in barrel, both with lees stirring. The wine remained on the lees for eight months until bottling.