Quinta de la Rosa
Quinta de la Rosa has been in the Bergqvist family since 1906, although they have been in the port trade as shippers under the family name, Feueheerd, since 1815. It currently has around 55 hectares under vine and produces around 50,000 litres of port and 160,000 litres of table wine each year. Quinta de la Rosa was given as a christening present for Claire Feueheerd, Sophia's grandmother, in 1906. The family port shipping company, Feueheerd, was sold in the 1930s but La Rosa was kept and run by Sophia's grandmother, Claire. In 1988 Sophia and her father, Tim Bergqvist, decided to restart the family business and launched Quinta de la Rosa as a top quality port producer onto the market place.Starting in the early 1990s, the Bergqvist famuly were one of the pioneers in taking red wine production in the Douro region seriously. Quinta de la Rosa's wines, both red and white, have won many accolades in the press and are sold in many prestigious restaurants and wine stores around the world. Since 2002, Jorge Moreira, one of the finest wine makers in Portugal, has been making wines at La Rosa.Quinta de la Rosa is situated in Northern Portugal, 100kms inland from Oporto. It is set in the heart of the Alto Douro ?A? grade port growing area and is located along the banks of the river, near Pinh?o.