The Robertson Winery is located in the beautiful and fertile Robertson Valley in the Western Cape of South Africa. The town was founded in 1852, and named after Dr. William Robertson, a Scottish church minister. Farmers Giepie Rossouw and Alwyn Bruwer persuaded a number of Robertson Valley growers to form the winery, in which all the families owned a share. The town's stone church was built by the community and serviced by missionaries, but was no longer in use by 1941 when the business was established. The historic building was converted to wine-making and cellaring facilities, and became the Robertson Winery. They work with over 35 local families and many of the farms have been supplying their grapes for generations. The terroir varies in the valley; in the central part of the valley along the Breede Rive, the terrain is comparatively flat, but towards the Langeberg and Sonderend mountain ranges, the landscape changes to rolling hills. There is therefore a vast amount of different meso-climates throughout the length of the valley, influenced by different aspects and soil types, which are mainly sandy and loamy alluvial, red clay loam and clay Karoo. This diversity allows for a range of award-winning well -priced wines to be produced. Robertson Winery is now a global brand, and their wines are perfect for any occasion.